Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Bend

This last weekend was a three day weekend for us, hence Memorial Day Weekend. We went over to Bend and stayed with our good friend Ryan Stevens. His wife happened to go on vacation without him (she went with her Grandmother to Victoria BC), so he invited us over for a long weekend of FUN! And man, we had fun. I don't think we've laughed that hard in a long time. And those of you who know Ryan, know how much we laughed! Their house was beautiful, I need Marley to come decorate ours!

While over there we went mt. biking (the boys went two days, I only went one, I about died on the first day!), ate at some good places (however, when Ryan suggests that sweatpants and sweatshirts are fine DONT BELIEVE HIM! I did, and everyone else in the place was dressed up!), played many hours of Wii, went hiking/frisbee golfing, and did I mention we laughed a lot!

David's life long buddy Kirk lives over in Bend and we were able to meet up with him and his girl friend Janna. Some of you might know who she is, as she is the womens #1 prosnowboarder. I had a hard time getting that out of my head while hanging out with them and talking with them. Luckily she's out on injury right now, and is able to spend time at home and time with Kirk! Or who knows when we'd ever get to meet his girlfriend! We love Kirk and we now have fallen in love with his girlfriend. I am known as the one who asks the questions that everyone wants to know, but no one will ask, so of course I just came out and asked "So, when are you guys getting married?"...Janna's answer: "Ask him?" as she smiled big. We are so excited for them and can't wait for the Lord's timing in their lives! If you're interested, here's a cool article on Janna and her life's journey.

Ryan and David...before the biking began.

Ryan showing us where we were supposed to take the right turn, but he took us left!

David, Ryan and Zoe just after Ryan got us lost on our mt. biking excursion!


Janna, Kirk, Ryan, and David just before the competition of Frisbee Golf.

1 comment:

chris and monica said...

You totally look like "Bend people" in your pictures:) You should definitley move there so we can come visit you and have a mini vacation