skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Spring cleaning...ALL the time.
Something I have found of myself, is I am becoming like my mother. There, I said it. Not in all areas, but in the area of cleaning the house. I find myself more and more picky about how things are done, when they are done, and especially if "company" is coming over. I have to constantly break myself of stressing over the fact that a few things might not be in place if someone is coming over. Some say it's a woman thing, but I remember growing up my mom would fret over the smallest messes before we could have our own friends over, not even her friends. And then when her friends or our family was coming over, man it was like a mad woman with a cleaning belt gone mad! I am trying to see the necessary "worries" that I need to change now, so when my kids want to have their friends over, I won't care about their mountains of clothing and junk in their room not correctly placed. And if there is a trail of dust that corrodes the edges of our house, it will still be there tomorrow, so why worry so hard about that it causes grief upon others!
I laughed so hard when I was going through some old photos from living in the dorm with Nicola Vanhoff, and then Oxford with Jessica Freshour. How the heck did we live like this! I don't recall ever cleaning either room? What made me change from those days to where I am today?

Above: This is my side of Cola and I's dorm room at Point Loma...wow.
Below: This is Jessica and I's room at Oxford House, aka O-house, in Corvallis at OSU. In the middle, yes the middle, of the room we had placed a half couch. We strategically chose the smallest room in the house so no one would kick us out who had more points, so we could remain roommates all year long. It's hard to explain, but our plan worked. And the crazy thing, I kept that room the following year with Sheena Compton! Was I crazy? Some would say yes.
2 comments:
Holy Crap, I can hardly see you over those clothes mounds:) I feel you on the constant cleaning!!!!!!!!
Wow. How did we live like that? Sick... Ps. my two favorite parts are the fact that Jonny is representing and when you click on the Loma pic there is a picture hanging up of Emily and I grabbing ourselves...Gotta love that!!
Post a Comment