Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Walk to the River

David and I went for a walk down to the river by our house last night. There is a boat dock and boat ramp. We were standing on the dock, as we saw the sheriff boat heading up the river, so we thought we should get off the dock in case the needed to use the dock to trailer up the boat. I told David I wanted to hang around for fun and watch them trailer up their boat. Like a little kid, I waved to the policemen on board, there were about 5 people on board. Nobody waved back. As they pulled up to the dock, David noticed they had rubber gloves on, and said, "maybe they got something". And sure enough, they pulled out a body in a body bag onto the dock. I didn't want to leave right away for two reasons: 1) human nature of curiosity and 2) I didn't want to look like the suspect coming to see if they got the body and then leaving as soon as it arrived! So we threw rocks in the river for 5 minutes and then left. No one else was around, it was a little weird, like they should have marked off the boat ramp/dock. As we left, a couple kids were riding their bikes towards the dock, poor kiddies didn't need to see that! We then noticed the bazillion police cars in the parking lot, maybe that would have been our first clue that something was going on! Here's the news story this morning in the newspaper:
http://www.gazettetimes.com/articles/2007/07/10/news/community/6aaa06_bodyfound.txt

1 comment:

Bec said...

Zoe, you went on that freaking walk to the river like 3 weeks ago. Post something new already!!